You are eligible to apply to the MDP
||Are a highly motivated
and high-achieving UCI undergraduate or graduate student.
||Have a strong drive to pursue research under mentors from multiple fields.
||Will enjoy the challenge of working as part
of a team of students with different backgrounds and skills.
Submit the MDP application online. The online application
will allow you to complete a personal profile, upload a personal
statement, select and rank the projects
that most interest you, and provide contact information for
Submitting a Project Proposal
Undergraduate and graduate students may submit a project proposal if the project meets the following MDP criteria:
- At least two faculty mentors (from different schools) must be willing to provide the necessary guidance for the proposed project. Industry or community leaders may also be invited to serve as a co-mentor with at least one faculty member.
- The project must be multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary in nature; preferred projects will have a focus on energy, healthcare, the environment or culture.
- The "design" criterion is intended to be flexible, invoking the notion of creativity, novelty and innovation, although actual design is encouraged.
Please submit the following information about each project you wish to propose to Brittany Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, September 24, 2018:
- Project Title
- Co-Mentors: Names of faculty co-mentors (from at least two different schools at UCI)
- Project Description: A one- to two-paragraph summary of the design questions being addressed or the goals of the creative activity
- Students' Involvement and Expected Outcomes: Please elaborate on intended student activities, expected outcomes, and specific skills that the student will develop as a result of this involvement
- Student Eligibility: You may specify preferences or requirements for the students' prior coursework, special skills, or majors of study. The program is open to all undergraduate and graduate students
- Recommended Readings & Publications (optional): Please provide a list of reference material for students to review to learn more about the topic and the proposed activities